Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One Last Way To Pander Votes

I've made phone calls.

I've used word of mouth.

I've made a facebook group.

I've sent e-mails.

This is my last remaining method of communication to get your vote. I'm just going to copy and past my shpeel into my blog, and I'll be done. If you already know about this, ignore it and move on. If this is news to you...go to the site and give me your honest opinion!

The Schpeel

Hey everybody! One of my photographs has been chosen for the "daily dozen" feature on the National Geographic Magazine website.


One of the magazine's photo editors chooses twelve photographs every day for display on the website. At the end of the month two of the featured photographs will be selected for publication in the magazine.

Which is a long way of saying this: I'm currently competing with 300 other photographers to have my photograph published in NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE.

Wickity What? Yeah.

To view and vote for my picture, do this. Follow this link to the national geographic magazine website.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/

On the left hand side of the screen is a link to the "your shot" feature. Click on it to view the daily dozen. My photograph is in the May 7th grouping. It is a black and white photograph of fallen leaves, a spider web, and dewdrops.

Elsewhere on the site is a featured called "the voting machine" There you can vote for my photograph. I'm not sure if the voting affects if I am chosen for publication or not, but it can't hurt! Please only vote once, and you don't have to give me a ten, give me whatever you feel like I deserve in comparison to the other pictures. (There are some truly amazing photographs in there!) I'm not trying to rig this in any way, I just want all my friends to get the chance to vote.

Thanks guys. I'll keep you updated.

--A--

No comments: